Lives and works in St Petersburg and Moscow.
2002 – graduated from The Academy of Fine Arts in St Petersburg, Russia.
1999–2000 – Educational program in Pro Arte Institute “Practicum. New Technology in Contemporary Art”, Prof. Alexey Shulgin, St Petersburg, Russia.
Creates works of paintings, graphics, sculpture and installations.
“Exploring the boundaries between the invisible image and form, text and image, dark areas of memory and consciousness, I create paradoxical personal spaces where I emphasize the areas of social and psychological crash and transformation. I may say I’m interested in the border between the medial and presence, where the meaning is not the same as the signified.
The things that I highlight in the temporal flow of present cannot be displayed by simple visual aids. I’m most interested in poetics of random connections and paradoxical spaces.
Rethinking aspects of interaction between the environment and the time, we see the physical space as the tip of the iceberg, woven of real and fictional dimensions. Mysterious and elusive landscape of the unconscious is only a conditional map, exploring which is a dangerous adventure”. (Alexander Morozov)
– Сheese Awards Gray Columnists, 2015.
– Nominee of Artaward International Strabag, Wien, 2013.
– Nominee of Sergey Kuryokhin Award, St Petersburg
– The 11th Baltic States Biennale of Graphic Art Kaliningrad—Konigsberg, Special Diploma.
MUSEUM COLLECTIONS AND FUNDS:
– The Perm Art Gallery;
– The State Russian Museum, St. Petersburg;
– Kaliningrad State Art Gallery, Kaliningrad;
– Library of book graphics, St. Petersburg;
– Krasnoyarsk Museum Center, Krasnoyarsk;
– The Foundation of Vladimir Smirnov and Konstantine Sorokin, Moscow;
– The Museum Sergey Kuryokhin, St. Petersburg;
– Private collections in Russia, Italy, Germany, Austria, USA, Estonia, Latvia.
PRIMARY SOLO EXHIBITIONS:
- “Cosa Mentale”, Marina Gisich Gallery, St. Petersburg.
- “What do you see?”, Art re.Flex Gallery, St Petersburg.
- “Garden”, Library book graphics, St Petersburg.
- “Factum”, Luda Express gallery in ‘New Holland’ open air art space, St Petersburg, Russia.
- “The Human Factor”, with Alexander Artemov, Algallery, St Petersburg, Russia.
- “Cinderella Effect”, Navicula Artis gallery, St Petersburg, Russia.
- “Radiation”, Navicula Artis gallery, St Petersburg, Russia.
- “The Classical Garden of German Romanticism”, Botanical Museum, St Petersburg, Russia.
PRIMARY GROUP EXHIBITIONS
- “The practice of contact”, XI Krasnoyarsk Museum Biennale, Krasnoyarsk.
- “Signs of the Time, or In Search of Identity”, a Special Projects of the 6th Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art, KultProekt Gallery, Moscow.
- “No Time”, a Special Projects of the 6th Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art, WINZAVOD CCA (White hall), Moscow.
- The 3rd Ural Industrial biennial of contemporary art, Artist-in-Residence Program, Ekaterinburg.
- “Cementa”, Borey Gallery, St Petersburg.
- “The Other Capital”, Museum of Moscow, Moscow.
- “Black envy” in a Parallel Events of the Manifesta 10, Borey Gallery, St Petersburg.
- “Kommunal Ghetto” as a part of Apartment Art as Domestic Resistance exhibition Public programs Manifesta 10, St Petersburg.
- “Signal”, “KB Signal”, St Petersburg.
- “Perceiving Art”, St Petersburg State Library for the Blind, St Petersburg.
- “Perceiving Art. Exhibition of Contemporary Art for Visually Impaired Children”, The Arsenal building, Nizhny Novgorod.
- “Zoo-Zoo”, The State Darwin Museum, Moscow.
- “Saving Venice”, Marina Gisich Gallery, St Petersburg.
- “Drunk on the Centenary Еxhibition of Russian Аvant-garde”, Borey Gallery, St Petersburg.
- The 11th Baltic States Biennale of Graphic Art, “Kaliningrad–Konigsberg 2013”, The Kaliningrad State Art Gallery, Kaliningrad, Russia.
- Art Prospect Festival, St Petersburg, Russia.
- Season of St Petersburg Art, Navicula Artis, Find into St Petersburg, Kultproekt gallery, Moscow, Russia.
- Baltic Biennale 2012, Rizzordi Art Foundation, St Petersburg, Russia.
- “BljuDo i posle”, St. Peter and Paul Foretress, Exhibition Hall of Ioannovsky (St. John’s) Ravelin, St Petersburg, Russia.
- Nel Modo Russico, Ten 43 gallery, NY, USA.
- “Conversion”, art-quarter “Quarter”, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- “The Big Format”, Algallery, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- “10¯⁹”, 3H+K gallery, Pori, Finland.
- “Total Contemporary” (video installation “Gemuth”), loft Rizzordi Art Foundation, St Petersburg, Russia.
- “Appointed Art”, Modernariat gallery, St Petersburg, Russia.
- “Death Penalty. Pro and contra” (installation ‘Submortem Experience Registration’), with Eugenia Ryzhkova, The Museum of Political History, St Petersburg, Russia.
- “Good/Bad”, Dostoevsky Museum, St Petersburg, Russia.
- Festival “Digital Art Days”, Kirov, Russia.
- «Microfest 01 Pro», институт «Про Арте», Санкт-Петербург.
- “Divietodisosta”, Artezero gallery, Milan, Italy.
- “Faces of the Holy”, New Academy of Fine Arts gallery, St Petersburg, Russia.